Champlain Issues Newest Covid-19 Policy Update

Changes include vaccination requirements, testing facilities, and mask recommendations.

The Office of Student Affairs, Diversity, and Inclusion issued a statement to the Champlain community on Monday, Apr 24 on changes to Covid-19 policies.

They claimed that over the course of the pandemic, the college has followed the policies and procedures suggested by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The federal Public Health Emergency for Covid-19 is set to end on May 11, 2023. This Public Health Emergency was originally enacted on Jan. 31, 2020.

The following changes are to be made at Champlain College beginning May 12, 2023:

• Champlain College will no longer be requiring proof of vaccination from students, faculty, staff, visitors, and vendors.
  • The Whiting Hall Covid-19 Testing Center will close. Covid-19 testing will still be available to students by appointment through the Student Health Center when it reopens for the fall 2023 semester.
  • Masking will continue to be optional. It is still recommended when people are presenting symptoms. Individuals who experience symptoms are still recommended to stay home.
  • All individuals who test positive for Covid-19 will still be required to isolate in accordance with CDC recommendations.

The previous policy change for Covid-19 came in an email to students on Aug. 18, 2022. At this time, students were required to test before coming back to campus and had to show proof of vaccination. Masks on campus also became recommended instead of required. 

For more information on Covid-19 policies at Champlain, visit the Student Health Center’s site.